The West Cork Drama Festival has its home in Rossmore theatre. Rossmore is a wee village half way between the towns of Clonakilty and Dunmanway.
Over the years Theatre Troupes have enjoyed the hospitality of the Rossmore Committee and the warm appreciation of West Corks sizable and discerning audiences.
Rossmore Theatre and Community Hall has undergone major refurbishment works that essentially has given a new lease to the building and created a state of the art theatre for audiences of West Cork. Financial support from the West Cork Development Partnership has enabled Rossmore Theatre to undertake the entire refurbishment of the whole facility.
- New tiered seating and new seating throughout the hall
- Indoor and outdoor backstage access
- Removed the rear wall of the auditorium giving an increase depth to the stage
- Hydraulic stage system enabling the Stage to be lowered to ground level
- Three new en-suite dressing rooms
- New toilets including a new wheelchair accessible toilet
- New function room and kitchen
- Fully licensed bar
The building now allows for users to access the Committee Meetings Rooms, Bar and Kitchen from side entrances. This has greatly improved the functionality of the hall as a venue. The hall will continue to support its local Community and is proud to extend its welcome to the wider Arts.